Friday, May 9, 2008

The next 5 days...

So I just got home, and I'm watching Futurama while waiting for a load of laundry to do its thing. At 5:30a.m. tomorrow Steve will drop my tookus at the airport so that I can spend the next 5 days in Clearwater, Florida. It gets better, our hotel is on the beach.....a beach that has drink service. I know, it really isn't fun being me sometimes. :)

Seriously though, I've never been to Florida. I've never been on a girl trip. I've never had 5 days in a row that consisted of me drinking fruity drinks, reading my books and making sure I put on my sunscreen on a regular basis (I have Michigander that just came out of hibernation skin....not pretty). I'm charging up my mp3 player as we speak, and as soon as we get done here, I'll check Napster to see if there is anything new I'm needing. And I know what you're thinking, I'm not trying to skip around, I will be packing my running shoes and appropriate running bra. I'm not sure if out hotel has a workout room, but either way, I have nothing against a few new streets.

So, that being said, I'll be back Wednesday night or Thursday, rested and with some pictures!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for visiting my blog. Us newbies need to encourage each other! Are you training ala The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer? Where are you in the process?

I can't wait to check back and see how you're doing. I'm in Michigan, too, and haven't found any female runners that are new to the sport to train with......I wish you were located closer! I've been tempted to find a group but I have five kids so it's sometimes just easier to run right from my front door. Jim (husband) is able to train with me most of the time and he's very encouraging.

Chris said...

Enjoy the vaca! Make sure you get your run on BEFORE the fruity drinks start flowing! I don't want to here about any "treammill accidents" while you are down there.

julie said...

yaaaay, vacation! ask the front desk at your hotel which are good running routes- they always know

Kaity Mackenzie said...

Hey! stumbled across your blog and really love it! I am in the same boat as you (newbie beginning to train for a marathon and hoping to drop a couple pounds along the way). I can't wait to read more about your journey and learning from everyone!

*jen* said...

Have fun! I wish I still lived in Clearwater, we could have run together. :( Clearwater is beautiful! The city just finished a huge revitalization project on the beach and it looks awesome.